Saturday, January 22, 2011

miracles...

Last week our church congregation participated in a special fast for Zoe - in the past, I have witnessed the power that comes from collective fasting. I know it can work miracles... I believe in miracles - I always have... It is an interesting feeling to hope for a miracle for my own child.

In my scripture study this week I read about Christ's miracles and the following account in the New Testament was significant to me...

Luke 7 - The centurion's servant was about to die... The centurion approached Jesus and said, "Lord, trouble not thyself; for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof. Wherefore, neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed." The centurion had complete faith that Christ COULD heal his servant... he didn't feel worthy to ask for this miracle, but for the sake of his servant, he asked... and his servant was healed.

I know that if it is the Lord's will, Zoe can regain some eyesight. This may not be the Lord's will and we can accept that... but we are praying for a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. I love this scripture!!! I always think about what Jesus said on verse 9, When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, “I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.”

    Praying for Zoe and you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete